Thursday 8 March 2018

Modelling

So modelling for this project is pretty straightforward, nothing too complex or time consuming.

All the items I'm modelling are real world items which gives the whole thing a more realistic feel rather than plucking ideas out of my head or spending more time designing new items. It also means I can use real-world reference to model to a realistic standard.

I generally went for very modern items to add to the clean, minimal vibe of the apartment, but didn't stick to that completely as humans aren't perfect and I wanted to show that someone really lived there.

Here's a few examples of the real-world items I'm modelling:


















So I've pretty much completed all of the modelling at this stage and layout is fully complete. It has skylights and a rather large side window to get that really light and spacious feel when it comes to the lighting stage. It'll also get some really interesting shadows falling onto the subject.

That idea came from references of Chinese minimalist interiors, which I fell in love with after seeing. However, I'm not sure I'd have it myself as it doesn't have that 'cosy' home feeling and runs the risk of feeling very empty. But I guess that's minimalism... The image below was a heavy inspiration:



All of the modelling is to a pretty realistic standard, the topology is sound and all of it is 100% sub-divable, to get that extra level of quality in Arnold/Mantra. Texturing will come later in the pipeline, but I wanted to have the scene modelled first so I could have it ready for sim collisions etc.

Here's a test render of the finished apartment modelling:



Now on to the more exciting stuff, see you next time. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment