Friday 9 March 2018

Further Character Research

After thinking I had settled on a character idea, I decided to do a bit of further research into real-world wire sculptures and make sure that was the sculpture I liked the most.

After spending a while on Pinterest, I saw a sculpture that really caught my eye. It was difficult to find as it was only 300 x 300 pixels so I had to do a reverse image search and find out what it was.

The sculpture is called 'Connected' by Kasey McMahon. I really like the look of it and feel it has some underlying messages that will fit well with this surreal sequence. This is what I will be basing my procedurally grown character on. Take a look below:



The description of the character states that it's Ethernet and other cables wrapped around a steel armature. I think it'll be interesting to grow a wire armature and then wrap cables around it, so I'll be basing the wire armature on the sculptures by Judit Rita​ Rabóczky:







































Overall, I think the combination of these two concepts will work well and will be interesting (maybe a space colonization algorithm in there?)

Getting exciting now, see?

Anyway, cheers! See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment